TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Customers Import/Update
- Performing the Update
Use the Customers Import Function to Import and/or Update a list of Customers in Bulk.
Menu Path: Customers → Setup → Module Controls → Import Customers button
Prepare an excel sheet with the required information.
Do the following to import data into Experience:
- Highlight the first row and paste the data from Excel.
- Click on Paste Errors to see if there was any data omitted when pasting information
- Click on Check Data to Verify the Data Sets. Any errors will be reported.
- If there are no errors, select Import Data to import and update Customers.
Import Data Definition
|Customer Number||Unique Customer Number||Text|
|Customer Name||Customer Name and Surname or Company Name||Text|
|Address 1||Address Line 1||Text|
|Address 2||Address LIne 2||Text|
|Post Code||Post Code||Text|
|Phone||Land Line Phone Number||Text|
|Customer's Email Address|
Use a semi-colon ; to enter multiple email addresses
|Website||Customer's Website URL||Text|
|ID/Company Reg||ID Card Number or Company Registration Number||Text|
|VAT Number||VAT Number||Text|
|Responsibility||User who is responsible for this customer.|
Values: NONE or a valid Username
|Credit Days||Number of Days||Numeric|
|Customer Group 1||Code to Group Customers.|
Normally this is used to group customers by Group of Companies
|Customer Group 2||Customer Group Code|
Group code that is used for reporting purposes, example IT Company, or Sole Trader, or Mini-Market etc ...
|Customer Group 3||Customer Group Code|
Group code that is used for reporting purposes.
|Business Code||Business Code|
Values: Must be created in the system first from Module Controls
|Send Statements||Send Statements to Customer when sending statements in Bulk.|
Values: YES or NO
Branch Codes must be created in the system from Company Controls
Values: A or I. A = Active, I = Inactive
Performing the Update
Pasting your Data from an Excel File
Once you copy your data from excel, switch to Experience and highlight the whole row and paste the data. You can use CTRL+V to paste your data.
1. Any fields which are left blank on the excel/import file won't be updated.
2. Highlight the whole row before pasting your data in Experience.
3. Customer Numbers which do not exist in Experience but exist in the excel file will be created as new customers. Thus to update existing data it is advisable to use and download to excel the Customer List. (Customers -> Setup -> Customers -> Customers List button)
Click on the Paste Errors button to ensure that no data was not pasted from Excel to Experience. There might be data conversion errors, so it best to check this first.
Click on Check Data to ensure that all the data is correctly updated.
Any errors will be highlighted in an Orange colour and the reason for failure will be shown at the end of the line.,
Click on Import Data once all data is verified.
The system will update the Customers information where data is present. Any fields that are left blank (nulls) will not be updated and will be ignored during the Import/Update Process.
Note that the system will add new customers and update existing customers when running this process.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article